You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: ASP.NET

Insert csv file in sql table using

I have 5 (.csv) files in my d drive folder so i want to insert these files in sql table using
    so please help me
    I think you want to insert the contents of CSV files into sql table. If yes, please refer the below link.

Hello Ravi Rawat,

You can refer the below links :

Hope this will help you.

Nirav Lalan
    DNS Gold Member
    "Failure is the path of least persistence"

Hi Ravi,

What you have tried so far, the best practice is search it in Google and try to implement one simple application by referring Google articles, and then implement the same in your project.

Refer below link ""

Give respect to your work, Instead of trying to impress your boss.

Blog :

You can try sql server with the help of sql management studio to import csv file data to sql server

1. Go to Sql server IDE.
    2. Right click on the database and select ==> Tasks then Import Data. Click next button.
    3. Select the Flat File Source, then use the Browse button to select your CSV file located on your hard disk.
    4. For Destination, select the correct database provider (e.g. for SQL Server 2012, you can choose SQL Server Native Client 11.0 etc)
    5. Enter the Server name and then enter the User name, Password, and Database before clicking on the Next button.
    6. Edit the mappings, if needed
    7. Check Run immediately and click Next button.
    9. Click on the Finish button.

Check the below links for additional info

Thanks & Regards,
    Mahesh Durgam

The best method which gives you performance and flexibility to manipulate your data is to use SQLBulkCopy

You can get sqlbulkcopy example here

1-Create excel sheet with data and save it.
    2-Open sql server application.
    3-Right click on database where you want to insert the data>go to "Task">click "import data option."

Sign In to post your comments