You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: ASP.NET

How to select multiple values in dropdown list

Hello Developers,

Already i am done a dropdown list for select a category. but now my client is required to me, we want to select multiple value in category.

So can i select multiple value using dropdown list? didn't i?,

or if i try to use something else to done this operation.

it possible to using dropdownlist or i need to me use someother way to done it ,give me some suggestion for that friends.

Thanking you
    Paul.S
    Hi PauRaj,

You can able to choose multiple items in dropdown list, but you need to add some extra efforts to achieve this. Jquery is the best option to do this, download the related scripts and include in your design and then call multiselect function.

Refer below link, here they explain you how to select multiple items from dropdown list. "aspsnippets.com/Articles/Multiple-Select-MultiSelect-DropDownList-with-CheckBoxes-in-ASPNet-using-jQuery.aspx".

Hope this will helpful to you...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Give respect to your work, Instead of trying to impress your boss.

N@veen
    Blog : http://naveens-dotnet.blogspot.in/

Thank you Mr.Naveen .

for your quick response .
    Paul.S

Mr.Naneen aspsnippets.com/Articles/Multiple-Select-MultiSelect-DropDownList-with-CheckBoxes-in-ASPNet-using-jQuery.aspx this forum is ok well.
    But instead of the drop down list they are using ListBox.i know the concept.

But my require is only using drop down list.like I am having 50 categories on my drop down list.

I want to select 10 categories in single time, of the dropdown list, and stored it into the database.

Thanks with
    Paul.S

Hi
    Paul

why listbox sample also shown Dropdownlist so why you must dropdownlist ?

Client asking particular dropdownlist only?

in this list box also like this so why you go to another way?

refer this code

jqueryrain.com/demo/jquery-multiselect-plugin/

Complete code here

jqueryrain.com/?B6C5qhCr

dotnetgallery.com/kb/resource55-Checkbox-list-in-Dropdown-using-Aspnet-Ajax-PopupControlExtender-control.aspx

codeproject.com/Articles/66572/A-Multiple-Selection-DropDownList-a-CheckBoxList-I

Name : Dotnet Developer-2015
    Email Id :kumaraspcode2009@gmail.com

'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty.

Sir actually whatever admin add the product it will be added to the dropdown and display it. So only i need only dropdown sir.

Thanking you.
    Paul.S

Hi Paul Raj,

The link Which I provide you, that is exactly what you are expecting that is not a list box, that is dropdown control only, please view the demo then you can understand. Please read carefully....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Give respect to your work, Instead of trying to impress your boss.

N@veen
    Blog : http://naveens-dotnet.blogspot.in/

yes Mr.Naveen you are right,

I got Output Thanks a lot.

Paul.S

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.