You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: ASP.NET

Error while debugging website

Hi all,

I am trying to run ASP.NET website by using F5, but getting error
    "Unable to start debugging on web server.The web server is not configured correctly. See help for common configuration errors.Running the web page outside of debugger may provide further information".

I have even chosen my web project as start up project and page as start page.

Please help, how can I resolve this error. Share information rather than links

Thanks
    Hi Vineet.

Have you configured the IIS(webserver) with all settings needed to run a asp.net applications by going to the control pannel.

In web.config file enable debugging="true".
    And make the settings to default in the visual studio tools menu you can find debugging.

Sridhar Thota.
    Editor: DNS Forum.

Hello Vineet,

If you are running website in built-in ASP.NET development server of visual studio then there may be a occurance like application that was copied to a different machine, manually renamed, or moved.

Check whether your web.config configured properly with tags :
    <system.web>
    <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.5">// set whichever framework you are using
    </compilation>
    </system.web>

Hope this will help you to solve your problem.

Regards,
    Nirav Lalan
    DNS Gold Member
    "Failure is the path of least persistence"

Thanks for reply

FYI, I am running two seperate VS2013 instances. One instance website is running fine and another instance is showing this error.

Hello Vineet,

Both can work fine. This is the best feature of .NET. Same application can run multiple times simultaneously. I suggest you to check your web.config.

Regards,
    Nirav Lalan
    DNS Gold Member

Nirav , I am not able to find the issue. Can you provide some other solution or else you can access using teamviewer and look at it.

possible for you? If yes then give your email id i will provide you the credentials

Thanks

Hello Vineet,

Refer the below link. You might get solution :

http://www.aspdotnet-suresh.com/2011/07/unable-to-start-debugging-on-web-server.html

Hope this will help you to solve your problem.

Regards,
    Nirav Lalan
    DNS Gold Member

Thanks Nirav

This link gave me a solution.

+1 for your answer

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.