You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: ASP.NET

Unhandled exception : Operation must use an updateable query.

Hello developers,

I am done a website all it's functionalities working fine on my local server. Now i am hosted it but something does not working well on the server.I got a error like

Server Error in '/' Application.

Operation must use an updateable query.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Operation must use an updateable query.

i trying to find the error but it works welll on my local machine. i have no idea about this error so anyone know explain that error and give idea for make work it on the web server.

thanks with,
    Paul.S
    Hi Pauraj,

It seems to be some access issue, please read below article this might be helpful to you "beansoftware.com/ASP.NET-FAQ/Operation-Must-Use-An-Updateable-Query.aspx"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Give respect to your work, Instead of trying to impress your boss.

N@veen
    Blog : http://naveens-dotnet.blogspot.in/

Good morning mr.Naveen ,

Thanks for your kindful reply.

Paul.S

Hai Paul,
    To resolve the issue, you need to check whether you have read-write access to the table which is trying to access an update from the application.
    This could be the problem with the access permissions.
    Hope it will be helpful to you.

Regards,
    Pawan Awasthi(DNS MVM)
    +91 8123489140 (whatsApp), +60 14365 1476(Malaysia)
    pawansoftit@gmail.com

Sign In to post your comments