You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: ASP.NET

Is there any possible way to replace crystal sub report with some other report

Hi All,

I hope all are good.

I have developed report using crystal report, here i'm facing performance issue. It has master and sub report, every sub report needs to get data from master report.
    It's taking hour to load.

kindly guide me how to overcome or replace crystal sub report with some other thing.
    Hi Rajan,

May be issue with your report build up like Stored Procedure, or report implementation etc.. How do you say the problem is Crystal Report, I'm sure the main problem is your SP, optimize your queries and try to get result with in fraction of seconds then execute the same using Crystal Report, by guessing don't go with alternative solutions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Give respect to your work, Instead of trying to impress your boss.

N@veen
    Blog : http://naveens-dotnet.blogspot.in/

Hai Rajan,
    There could be issues like:
    1. Accessing subreport is taking more time if it is in another directory.
    2. Accessing is fine but filtering the data from the main report is taking more time or passing data from main report to subreport is taking more time.
    3. Loading data into the sub report is taking more time.
    So you need to check these issue and if still it takes more time, the problem could be in your database side where data is not getting at the proper time. Check for the stored procedure if it is using joins, how much time it is taking to execute the stored procedure or the query.
    Hope it will be helpful to you.

Regards,
    Pawan Awasthi(DNS MVM)
    +91 8123489140 (whatsApp), +60 14365 1476(Malaysia)
    pawansoftit@gmail.com

Sign In to post your comments