You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: ASP.Net MVC

PLEASE tell which is a better option of storing report..i.e saving report HTML in database

Please guide me which is a better approach and why..

Scenario: My application has two parts:
    1.Web forms : There is a web form to create report. On this form i use ckeditor for creating report content.

2.Downloadable exe: The downloadable exe, installs on client side 'an application' to create reports

Both options are available to create report of a particular patient.
    i.e in application if from patient grid i select a patient i have two options available to create report using web form or using the installed application.

Now the concern is how to save the report????
    OPTION1: SAVE THE REPORT content i.e the report HTML in database table.
    OPTION2: Save Report as word document.(in this case on server for every patient we are already creating a unique folder which contains patient history documents tagged with that particular patient, THE REPORT WILL BE SAVED AS WORD DOCUMENT IN THIS FOLDER )

PLEASE tell which is a better option of storing report..i.e saving report HTML in database table or saving Report as word document
    (I HAVE TO CHOOSE A WAY so that reports created via web form or downloadable exe should sync with each other)
    Hello SP,

If you are talking about synchronization than, I think HTML will be better, useful and easy for you to read the content.

As per my view go for HTML Report.

Regards,
    Nirav Lalan
    DNS Gold Member
    "Failure is the path of least persistence"

Sign In to post your comments