You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows

How to show the Form on the top of the Desktop without missing the icons of the "My comput

hi frnds,

here i can show my form(size 1700, 62) toolbar on the top of the desktop but

behid of the form ,few desktop icons exist like "My computer" and other Network

i want the window form on the top of desktop without hide(behid the window form) the icons.

please help on this....
    Hello Koteswara Rao,

Can you please elaborate your query in more detailed description. So that we can provide you the solution based on your query.

Attach your output image also with requirement. What output you want.

Nirav Lalan
    DNS Gold Member
    "Failure is the path of least persistence"

Do you want the form as a transparent which shows the background icons?
    Make few changes in your form properties.
    StartPosition=center screen.
    If you want to fix size of form then you can fix.

Post your requirement with more details so that anyone can help you.

Sridhar Thota.
    If you learn't from defeat..
    You haven't really lost..

Sridhar Thota.
    Editor: DNS Forum.

I think you need to Dock our windows form to desktop, use InitializeComponent() method and copy below code in it
    this.DesktopLocation = new Point((Screen.PrimaryScreen.Bounds.Width / 2 - 420), 0);
    it docks my form to the center of the screen with whatever resolution values.

More ever here are some sticky windows interface links

Editor, DotNetSpider MVM
    Microsoft MVP 2014 [ASP.NET/IIS]

Hi Prasad kulkarni and Prasad kulkarni and sridhar thota

prasad u r given the line
    this.DesktopLocation = new Point((Screen.PrimaryScreen.Bounds.Width / 2 - 420), 0);

this is fine its comming on the top of the desktop i will agree,but this tool is hiding the desktop icons,my requirements

example: suppose desktop pixel start from 0,0
    0,0 0.1 0.2 0.3 so on
    1,0 1,1 1,2 1,3 so on
    2,0 2,1 2,2 2,3 so on
    query :

0,0 0.1 0.2 0.3 so on (we know this first row desktop position contains few short cut icons like "My computer" icon and other icons on the desktop if we click on the mycomputer icon it will open the my compurers right.)

result: suppose if we execute this line its starting from midle of the o row ,its should start from the 0,0 postion.
    assume this tool bar will appear on the desktop
    0,1 rows

if u run this code and check the desktop ,our UI tool bar is hiding the mycomputer icon becuase my cimputer icon
    is starts from the 0.0 postion and tool bar also as to start from the 0,0 ,

desktop all icons should come down without missing any icons on the desktop.

i think it is better to share the screenshot for understanding the concept easly
    Do Good... Enjoy your life.....

Hi Rao.

As I already said you to fix the size of form in such a way that your desktop icons are visible, then set the properties of form so that it cannot be resized to hide the icons on desktop.

After setting size of form set this properties of form.
    StartPosition=center screen.

Sridhar Thota.

Sridhar Thota.
    Editor: DNS Forum.

Sign In to post your comments