You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Career Guidance

Wish to become a competent software engineer

Am 43yrs right now and live in a rural area with no cyber cafes. I do all my online activities using my cell phone, yet its my burning desire to become a competent software engineer and then pass on the knowledge by starting an IT institute. Considering my age and hinderances is it still possible to achieve this dream?
    Hi Benjamin.

First of all I would like to appreciate you for your desire.
    You have mentioned that you do all your on-line activities using mobile phone. What actually you do.
    Any thing related to any programming language?

Age is not a constraint to learn new things. According to me you should learn any one of the technology perfectly then you can join any small institute as a instructor for few days.
    Later on you can think of starting your own institute in your native place.

Coming to software industry, you may not get entry soon since they put many questions regarding your gap. Once you get entry then you can achieve what you desire.

Sridhar Thota.
    If you learn't from defeat..
    You haven't really lost..

Sridhar Thota.
    Editor: DNS Forum.

Learn some basic languages, then go for bigger stuff if u really wants to learn.

ur idea is to open an institute, where u need to teach more than one languages. if u r planning to learn 3 to 5 languages, it may take patience and time.

So to start an institute, i think it is better to hire some persons which u may need to do once u have more batches....

Age doesnt matters for a student and business man...

Do Good... Enjoy your life.....

As per my point of view, there is no age limit to improve knowledge that is purely depend upon the person interest. If you are really interest to learn new things age and all won't stop you to learn.. As you said your frequently use online in your mobile. So, I request you to decide any one latest technology and then learn that using Google. My request you to don't choose already famed technologies, because already no of people are there, in the crush may be they wont consider you, if you select latest technology that will helpful to your career.

All the Best...

Give respect to your work, Instead of trying to impress your boss.

Blog :

Thanks everyone for your encouraging responses. I have started with C#, though yet to still figure what terms like static void means. My decisions is to make sure I understand one step at a time. Will really be needing help from everyone as I move on. THANK YOU ALL

Hi Benjamin.

Nice step to learn C#, you are always welcome if at all you face any problem regarding understanding any concept might be anything try to post here to get responses.
    As you might be aware programming totally depends on OOPs concepts.
    Below is the check list for you.
    1.OOPs concepts
    2.Abstract class and interface.
    3.Exception handling using try catch blocks.
    4.Array, arraylist, generics and delegates.
    5.Constructor and destructor

Sridhar Thota.
    If you learn from defeat..
    You havent really lost..

Sridhar Thota.
    Editor: DNS Forum.

Sign In to post your comments