You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Career Guidance

How to positively explain y i did mba(IT with HR) after B.TECH IT

i have done dual specialization in mba i.e mba IT+HR after B.Tech IT. Many times i am struck in interviews y i did mba and y choose mba IT with HR combination(the HR part is concern).
    Please let me know if i should in include my MBA qualification in my resume or not? and if yes, how to reply for y i choose HR combination with IT?
    Hi,

The simple Answer is in HR no of specializations are there IT, Non It etc... you can say I'm interested on HR IT sector, so that only I select both the combinations like that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Give respect to your work, Instead of trying to impress your boss.

N@veen
    Blog : http://naveens-dotnet.blogspot.in/

actually it is a good option for those who are looking for management roles, tl, pm, business analyst, marketing etc.
    1. either you can remove hr from resume, tell them that u r mba it
    2. tell them that by knowing hr stuff, u can manage team, client easily

Do Good... Enjoy your life.....

Dear SP,
    You have many opportunities to make career in different branch of IT and management sectors. According to your query, You need to mention your MBA degree with your IT qualification. It may be beneficial to find good jobs.
    If any HR asked about your selection then you need to explain about combination of IT with MBA like it means not only computer programming or software developing. It is also a part of how to manage customer's problems or requirement of customer.

Hi

Currently what you are doing? Are you doing job with out concern with MBA or after MBA you were in to job?
    As according to you MBA IT you can manage somehow, the problem is with in explaining why HR specialization in MBA?
    Straight a way you can say following things:
    1.To improve the "high level of communication with higher personals" after getting in to job I thought it would be an added advantage.

2.I learnt many things after getting in to HR side which I was not aware before.

3.Now I feel comfortable discussing with team members, managers, team leads and clients as well.

Regards

Sridhar Thota
    If you learn from defeat..
    You havent really lost..

Sridhar Thota.
    Editor: DNS Forum.

Thanks for the response.Kindly let me know on the resume what should i mention:
    1. Only mba.
    2. MBA(IT+HR)
    3. MBA IT

Hello Sp.

Dont try to hide anything. What ever you have keep it. As you get prepared how to explain those you never feel problem.

Adding things will make you advantage only. I have you few points how to answer for HR portion in you MBA.

Do you have experience or you want to start the career now freshly after MBA?

Regards

Sridhar Thota.
    You havent really lost..

Sridhar Thota.

hi sridhar,
    do you suggest mentioning
    MBA(IT+HR) from punjab technical univ. on the resume.

till now the highest qualification on my resume is ..
    B.Tech IT from kurukshtera university.. after my B.tech i now have 5+ years of exp.

Hi

Yes you can say them as you got interest of doing MBA and thus did parallely with open exam.

However you are not depending totally on the point of MBA which you kept in your resume, since you got real time experience meanwhile.

Just it will help you as you grow up in the positions in the industry as a MBA post graduate.

Regards

Sridhar Thota.
    You haven't really lost..

Sridhar Thota.

Hi SP,

As per your previous post you mentioned that you have 5+ years of exp, and after that you are doing MBA HR+ IT, you can easily convince to the Interviewer after my role changes to Manager level I need some managing skills so that I did MBA that was helpful to my career like that. Now a days all the people are doing the same after they got some experience, few of my colleagues also did MBA. As sridhar said don't hide anything explore all the details.

Hope this was helpful to you...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Give respect to your work, Instead of trying to impress your boss.

N@veen
    Blog : http://naveens-dotnet.blogspot.in/

Sign In to post your comments