You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: ASP.NET

Few functionalities not working in IE11

Hi,
    Some functionalities are not working in IE11 browser.
    Can you please suggest me how to make my Asp.Net application to work properly in IE1?

Thanks...
    Hello Pramod,

It's not like that.
    some of tags and codes doesn't work IE because it doesn't support. If you are using Microsoft's control only then it will work for sure because they make the controls which are compatible with Internet Explorer. If you are outside Visual Studio's controls than you should check for another codes which are compatible with Internet Explorer.

Can you share your code which is not working in Internet Explorer. So that we can help you to resolve the issues.

Regards,
    Nirav Lalan
    DNS Gold Member
    "Failure is the path of least persistence"

Hi,
    PFB for the details of the issue...
    Some functionalities like proper dispaly of manu items, rid Controls etc. not working in IE11.
    One solution can be to use AjaxToolKit which is compatible with IE11, but will it solve the issue? and also will this new toolkit have NO impact on any other functionalities?
    Please suggest.

Hello Pramod,

AJAX Functionality will work on any browser as such i am using for web development.

You can visit www.verticalsolutions.co.in
    I developed this website and used AJAX controls and some new controls from obout.com

It works fine. You can also try it.

Hope this will be helpful for you.

Regards,
    Nirav Lalan
    DNS Gold Member
    "Failure is the path of least persistence"

Hi Pramod.

Using AjaxToolKit wont reflect anything for your UI. AjaxToolKit has controls which are useful for partial page submissions instead of submitting the entire page.

Try using IE10 if you face the same issue then its the problem with compatibility of browser. Else reinstall the IE11 and try once.

Regards

Thota Sridhar.
    If you learn from defeat..
    You haven't really lost..

Sridhar Thota.
    Editor: DNS Forum.

Hai Pramod,
    This is the very common issue which the people face in the development. As we know that most of the browsers has the common scripts to understand the html tags but browsers also have their scripts to understand the specific html tags. Due to this reason, a website works perfectly in one browser but doesn't respond well in another browser.
    To fix this, you need to find the tags due to which the website is having problem in other browser and replace those tags with the common tags which supports all browsers.
    This is no straightforward way to get rid of these issues.
    Hope it will be helpful to you.

Regards,
    Pawan Awasthi(DNS MVM)
    +91 8123489140 (whatsApp), +60 14365 1476(Malaysia)
    pawansoftit@gmail.com

Nice inputs..thanks everyone.

Sign In to post your comments