You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Career Guidance

Need carrier guidance on contract position at ibm

I AM HAVING 4 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN .NET.CURRENTLY I AM WORKING AS PERMENANT EMPLOYEE.BUT I GOT NEW OFFER FROM IBM .BUT IT IS CONTRACT POSITION.IT IT GOOD TO GO FOR CONTRACT POSITION.BECAUSE IN MY CURRENT COMPANY THERE IS NO CARRIER GROWTH AND SALARY ALSO THEY ARE NOT INCREASING MUCH.
    PLEASE SUGGEST ME
    1)IS IT GOOD TO JOIN AT IBM AS CONTRACT EMPLOYEE.
    2)WHAT IS MIGRATION PROJECT IN .NET .please explain me
    3)IS IT GOOD TO WORK ON MIGRATION PROJECT.

PLEASE GIVE UR SUGGESTIONS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.....
    Hello Pradeep,

If you are very well in programming in .NET you should continue with your current company as they are not increasing your salary as per your experience and knowledge.

Instead of working without getting good salary you should go for IBM.

Even Migration project in .NET is very good chance for you to test your knowledge.

One of my friend is working in www.bookmyshow.com
    He was my classmate but now a days he hardly work on .NET but most on php, MySQL and other new languages.

So i suggest you to go for IBM.

Regards,
    Nirav Lalan
    DNS Gold Member
    "Failure is the path of least persistence"

Hi

You are having 4 years of experience, this is the crucial time to get in to an organization, so that you can be stable for more 2 or 3 years in the new company.

If at all you join now for contract position, what if the contract period ends for 6 months or 1 year. Again you should look for job change and prepare for interview.

My advice is to join for a permanent position even if they pay less compensation compared to contract position.

If you have solid knowledge and good grip on .net technologies, its not a big thing to get high salary jobs. Try for better opportunity that too for permanent position.

Freshers and the people having 1+ years experience will prefer contract positions.

Regards

Sridhar Thota.
    "Poverty means Poverty of knowledge.."

Sridhar Thota.
    Editor: DNS Forum.

Hi

If you want to start career then you can go for contract as it begins the graph in to IT industry.
    But if you are already working then you should not go for contract position.
    If a client is good few people will go even it is contract.

Regards

Sai Krishna Reddy.

• Sign In to post your comments