You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Career Guidance

Which certification will be useful in career development?

Hi Everyone.

Am having around 3+ years of experience in software industry on various Microsoft Technologies like asp.net, c#.net, web services, wcf and sql server.

But I don't have any certification till now. I got to hear that doing certifications can boost our career in IT industry.

So based on my experience i.e., 3+ years which certification should I do. And how to approach for it. Do I need to go with any entry level certification or can I go with middle level certification.
    Can any one suggest me the certification details.

Regards

Sridhar.
    DNS Member.
    "Hope for the best.. prepare for the worst.."
    Certification are like a fuel to new careers and six-figure salaries, Training and certification will play essential roles in preparing IT professionals for the evolving IT org.
    There are multiple Microsoft certifications exist depend upon the technologies.
    As a developer you can start with MTA (Microsoft Technology Associate)
    it has 3 parts IT infrastructure, Database and Developer

see below link for more details
    https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-in/mta-certification.aspx
    https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-in/mta-certification.aspx

Thanks
    Koolprasd2003
    Editor, DotNetSpider MVM
    Microsoft MVP 2014 [ASP.NET/IIS]

Hello Sridhar,

As you said you have 3.5 years of experience in Microsoft technology than it is very good but for your growth of your career if you are doing certification then it is best. Than also it depends upon that how much you are capable to accomplish any task in less time. If you are well and good than i suggest you to do middle level certification else go for entry level certification.

I also have done Diploma in .NET Technologies. which was entry level certification for me.

Regards,
    Nirav Lalan
    DNS Gold Member
    "Failure is the path of least persistence"

Hi Prasad and Nirav.

Thanks for your reply. I have gone through the link provided by you regarding the MAT(Microsoft Technology Associate).
    I would like to choose MTA Developer certification.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards

Sridhar.
    DNS Member.
    "Hope for the best.. prepare for the worst.."

Sridhar Thota.
    Editor: DNS Forum.

• Sign In to post your comments