You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Silverlight

Delays on 10th wcf Service,

I am a new to SL and WCF service, my app scenario is 3 tier, SL Client -> Business WCF -> DAL WCF(Telerik Dataaccess)-> SQL server 2005(SP), on 10th call or so i am getting a delay, to fix it i have checked with following changes
    1. service throttling - Still delay exists
    2. enable logging and tracing in DAL an BL WCF - Able to find a suspend in Activity Boundary in DAL svclog
    3. SQL Profiler to find any delay in SQL Process- SP Executes in millisec
    4. Checked for Telerik Data Access Reference point correctly -refered correctly
    5. more than 10 calls are possible when i am doing a non DB Operation(Reading a PDF File from Network in BL and its working fine)
    6. Close the wcf client(using statement in BL is used so it will dispose).
    but still the issue presists and DAL and BL was hosted in Remote server, how can i fix this.
    Increase the timeout in the WCF binding...

maxBufferSize="2147483647" maxReceivedMessageSize="2147483647"
    receiveTimeout="00:10:00" sendTimeout="00:10:00" openTimeout="00:10:00"
    closeTimeout="00:10:00" transferMode="Streamed"

Hai charles,
    Did you check whether the 10th call is dependent on any other process or service or it is making the delay while request or the response.
    if you can find-out the time when the request is reaching to the server and then when the server is picking up and then when the server is calling the database operations and getting the response.
    I think if you track all these times from your application, you should be able to find the actual delay happening in the part of the application.
    Hope it will be helpful to you.

Regards,
    Pawan Awasthi(DNS MVM)
    +91 8123489140 (whatsApp), +60 14365 1476(Malaysia)
    pawansoftit@gmail.com

• Sign In to post your comments