You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: SQL Server

Which file is suitable to download sql server 2008 in windows 7,64 bit

I am really confused.I want to download sql server 2008.I am having windows 7 ,64 bit.First I have downloaded only management studio(
    SQLManagementStudio_x64_ENU.exe 176.5 MB).I have installed that.But there was no instance.Latter I realised to download express(SQLEXPR_x64_ENU.exe 82.5 MB).
    I have visited this page.(http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=26729)Now I came to know that Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Express with Service Pack1.If I need both tool and instance,I have to download SQLEXPRWT_x64_ENU.exe (329.9 MB).Will it work for windows7?Have anybody installed this. what is about Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 SP2 - Express?
    What I have to download Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 SP1 or Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 SP2.Thanks in advance.
    Hi,

Service pack will be released frequently to add new features and also to fix the bugs in current Live version. So it is always good to download latest version which means in your case Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 SP2.

Regards,
    Asheej T K

Thanks Ashish, for ur help.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.