You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: [Announcements]

We are discontinuing few sections from Dotnetspider

Hello DNS'ians,

We would like to inform you all that we are planning to discontinue below features from dotnetspider by end of January 2012,

1. Communities
    2. Mentor
    3. Videos

We are trying to consolidate many sections and trying to focus on enhancing the more important sections rather than spending our time and energy to maintain several sections.

Points earned through these sections remain intact.

Going forward, please use the Forum section to get help.

Thanks a lot for co-operating with us for improving the performance of our site.
    Hi Asheej,
    Well said. I can see mentor, communities and video section remain untouched. Its a good idea to maintain entire discussion in a single place forum. By these way all can be benefited. One request is kindly ensure that while this sections are getting sunset, the points earned through this section needs to be maintained in each members profile. There is no point these points can be reduced.

All is well.
    Thanks,
    Dharma
    Editor,Mentor,MVM
    Try and fail but don't fail and try

Hai Asheej,

Its good as these sections are not used frequently. So removing those sections will help to reduce some complexities.

Regards,
    Pawan Awasthi(DNS MVM)
    +91 8123489140 (whatsApp), +60 14365 1476(Malaysia)
    pawansoftit@gmail.com

Agree with you asheej.

The use of these sections were too limited. and they were not providing any good help. So its better to focus on the hot section .

All the best,

Thanks & Regards
    Anil Kumar Pandey
    Microsoft MVP, DNS MVM

Hi Asheej,

Your every work will growing this Precious learning website.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Regards,
    Muhammad Farooq
    (DNS Mentor)
    Visit My Website....www.itechsoul.com

Hi,

It is good thing.

Sections which donot have must inteaction it is always better to replace that with other new things which will benefit all the Members.

Vijayalakshmi G M
    IT Professional Trainer
    www.wincorporatetraining.com

Super Like the idea...Asheej

theses areas are not much helpful and seems that not being used from long back.

Regards,
    Dipesh

Regards,
    Dipesh

Hi,

Still These Links are Visible in the Website.

When you will be removing these links for the site.

Vijayalakshmi G M
    IT Professional Trainer
    www.wincorporatetraining.com

I agree with Communities and Mentors but not with Videos. Still I go and visit PluralSight for their video training. Posting articles and reading books will do. But nothing when we compare the implementation in visual. I strongly suggest the DNS to review atleast the video section which is good to be there in DNS.
    Regards,
    Venkatarajan A

BEEN THERE. DESTROYED THAT.

Sao l?i v?y

Hi Asheej,
    Thanks for discontinuing these sections as they were not useful for the members.

Yeah, These sections have limited usage. So its better to remove these sections.

Hi

Thanks for sharing this information with us.
    The removal of these sections from DNS might help to avoid confusions of having lot of sections in DNS. This is a good news that the points earned by the DNS members through these sections will remain unaffected.

Thanks

Reena

Hi
    IT is good thing to remove unwanted links , and make site user friendly

Hi,

It is good Idea.

Regards
    sandy

Hi
    IT is good thing to remove unwanted links
    Regards
    Bharani

Hi

The removal of these sections from DNS might help to avoid confusions of having lot of sections in DNS. This is a good news that the points earned by the DNS members through these sections will remain unaffected.

regards
    RakshitV

Hi

____________________________________________________________________________

Thanks and Regards
    Ram

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.