You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Microsoft Dynamics

Creating new entities

Hi everyone !

M'y boss asked me recently to customize Microsoft dynamics crm 2011 for our company. I have never worked on this CRM before.
    To do so, I really need to create to new entities contract and contract detail, I tried to but it brought a lot of bugs so I really need a hand.

My issues are the following:

- What relations will I need between those two newly created entities and the others in order to make it work?
    - Is it possible to create a relation with the incident resolution entity so that in a process I can set an incident status on "resolved" without facing the "timespent can't be null" exception?

Bit confused rugby now !!!

Thanks in advance !
    Hello,

The entities You are trying to make is contract and contract details.
    The order in which it should be made is dependent upon the relationship you want.
    Suppose you want "one contract can have many contract details records"
    So First create Contract and then create contract details. when you will associate the contract to contract details,it will appear in the left navigation of contract details.

and if you want to use incident resolution entity, you can use it. the resolved status comes by resolving a case from incident, But it has some inbuilt functionality so after resolving a incident the form will be freezed,that can't be changed or edited.

I hope this will help atleast to make some basic understanding.

Thanks

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.