You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: .NET

Error while connection with IBM DB2 database

Hai All,

I have to retrieve the data from the IBM DB2 database using the .Net Web service. For that I am using the IBM.Data.DB2; namespace to connect with the IBM DB2 database for the .Net Web Service.

I have motioned everything correct - Server Name, Database name, User Name, Password etc in the connection string but
    When I try to connect with the database, am getting the below error message.

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.ArgumentException: Invalid argument
    at IBM.Data.DB2.DB2ConnPool.ReplaceConnectionStringParms(DB2Connection connection, String szValue, DB2ConnSettings& pSettings, DB2ConnSettingsInternal& pSettingsInternal, Boolean bAttach)
    at IBM.Data.DB2.DB2Connection.set_ConnectionString(String value)
    at IBM.Data.DB2.DB2Connection..ctor(String connectionString)
    at WSEmployeeRoles.DataAccessLayer.EmployeeRolesDAL.GetAllRolesForEmployee(EmployeeBO objEmployee) in C:\DotNet\WSEmployeeRoles\WSEmployeeRoles\WSEmployeeRoles\DataAccessLayer\EmployeeRolesDAL.cs:line 21
    at WSEmployeeRoles.BusinessLogicLayer.EmployeeRolesBL.GetEmployeeRolesBL(EmployeeBO objEmployeeRole) in C:\DotNet\WSEmployeeRoles\WSEmployeeRoles\WSEmployeeRoles\BusinessLogicLayer\EmployeeRolesBL.cs:line 20
    at WSEmployeeRoles.EmployeeRolesService.GetEmployeeRoles(String emplId, String applicationName) in C:\DotNet\WSEmployeeRoles\WSEmployeeRoles\WSEmployeeRoles\WSEmployeeRoles.asmx.cs:line 39
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

If any one has any idea, please reply asasp.
    I know this topic is fairly old, but i~ve stumbled upon the same problem... In my case it turned out being the "namedParameters=True" argument at the connection string apparently not being supported in the 10.1 driver, as in previous versions it worked smoothly.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.