You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: ASP.NET

Login failed for user 'IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool'.

Give Solution:
    I'm using Visual Studio 2008.In my ASP.Net application I'm using Telerik GridView Control to display set of records and Menu Control for Viewing that GridView Control. I haven't Error while i run my application in Development Machine but Errors are Occurred when i run it in Deployment Machine..
    This Error was occurred:

Login failed for user 'IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool'.

Source Error:
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
    Hi,

1) Open IIS Manager. Start->Run type inetmgr. IIS Manager opens
    2) After open iis manager, select Application Pools and choose DefaultAppPool on the right hand side.
    3) After selecting the DefaultAppPool, Right click the DefaultAppPool, choose Advanced settings.
    4) Advance setting dialog box appears on the screen.
    5) In ProcessModel, Identity is ApplicationPoolIdentity. We have to change the identity property from ApplicationPoolIdentity to LocalSystem.
    6) Choose the identity and browse. Built in account dialog box appears. choose Local system and click ok.
    7) save or apply settings.

Thanks and Regards,
    SAKTHI GOPINATH S

Thanks and Regards,
    SAKTHI GOPINATH S
    http://www.mstechs.blogspot.com

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.