Forums » .NET » ASP.NET »

Attendance Sheet

Posted Date: 01 Oct 2008      Posted By:: Lokesh     Member Level: Silver    Member Rank: 3344     Points: 1   Responses: 2

Hi,

I would like to generate attendance sheet.. i thought of using either grid or table, and Number of columns in the grid/table will be around 30 columns(for 30 dates in a month) along with employee name and empid (it is just like attendance register). If adminstrator select the month from dropdown, attendance sheet will generate. Administrator has the rights to change present(P) as absent or (absent as leave) or (absent as holiday). So when adminstrato clicks on a grid cell or table cell, a cursor should point where he can change A to P (i.e. Absent to Present) and/or A to H (i.e Absent to Holiday)..

In short on clicking grid cell/table cell cursor shold point (or textbox should appear), where i can update attendance status... Thanks everybody , Please advice me...

Responses

#302789    Author: mythili d      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 01/Oct/2008   Rating: 4 out of 54 out of 54 out of 54 out of 5     Points: 6

Hello,

1) Drag and drop the Grid from the tool box.
2) attach a datasource.
3) I the grid view properties select autogenerate columns property to false.
4) In GV Properties click on collections on the new window that pops up you should be able to see all the column names in the grid from the data source You have these parts available fields
Selected fields and then the properties of each field on the right side of new window that just popped up and then there is a link at the bottom " Convert to template field" then a ok button.

So now select the columns from the selected fields(Just click on one of them availbale in this list and its properties pop in the propeties side of the window click the convert to template link for the all the fields youw ant to be able to edit and click ok .Close the window and on the source of you design page.apx page you have two parts in the template one as the label and the second as the textbox.
Now when you add a edit button. these fields change to the text box when you get into edit mode for the Grid view.
Hope that hepls
Thanks

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Return to Discussion Forum
Start new thread

Subscribe to Subscribers
Active Members
TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

Awards & Gifts
Talk to Webmaster Tony John

Online Members

vivek
More...
Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd., Kochi, India