Forums » .NET » Visual Studio »

login form in C#

Posted Date: 27 Jul 2008      Posted By:: CRPRAJAN Profile photo    Member Level: Gold    Member Rank: 963     Points: 1   Responses: 2

I am creating a windows login form in visual C# with two textboxes one for accepting the username and other for accepting the password and one button control. I am setting the username as "Rajan" and password as "Admin".

I need to implement the following conditions in my login form.

i)While typing the username, i want the first character alone to get changed into CAPS automatically.
ii)If either the username or the password is wrong then i should get a message box "Invalid login". Else i should get the message "Login Successful".
iii)The application has 2 forms - Form2 and Form3. If the user enters with the "Admin" password then the Form2 should be displayed. Else if the user enters with the password "Guest" then the Form 3 should be displayed. How to do the validation in code.

Can anybody provide the full code?

Responses

#270857    Author: pradipta      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 0     Date: 27/Jul/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

Private Sub txtLogin_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles txtLogin.TextChanged
Dim str As String = txtLogin.Text
If (str.Length > 0) Then
txtLogin.Text = str.Substring(0, 1).ToUpper() & str.Substring(1, str.Length - 1).ToLower
End If
End Sub

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
If txtLogin.Text.Equals("Rajan") AndAlso (txtPassword.Text.Equals("Admin") Or txtPassword.Text.Equals("Guest")) Then
MessageBox.Show("Login Successful")
If (txtPassword.Text.Equals("Admin")) Then
Form2.Show()
Else
Form3.Show()
End If
Else
MessageBox.Show("Invalid Login")
End If
End Sub

#271598    Author: Raghuramakarthikeyan      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 1922     Date: 28/Jul/2008   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 6

using System.Windows.Forms;
Private Sub txtLogin_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
{
if(textbox1.text!="" && textbox2.text!="")
{
textbox1.Text = str.Substring(0, 1).ToUpper();
if(textbox1.text=="Rajan")
{
if(textbox2.text=="Admin")
{
Form2.Show();
}
else if(textbox2.text=="Guest")
{
Form3.Show();
}
else
{
}
}
else
{
}
}
}

this will help you

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Next : what r various life cycle model in s/w development
Previous : conversion of char* to system::string in vc++ 2005
Return to Discussion Forum
Post New Message
Category: Visual Studio

Related Messages

Subscribe to Subscribers
Active Members
TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

Awards & Gifts
Talk to Webmaster Tony John
Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd., Kochi, India